Saturday, April 14, 2007

Marina Del HEY!

Woke up in a semi-stupor at Thom and Beth’s this morning, so I’m pretty sure I made it alive. The in-between was a little blurry. Somehow, even though I didn’t actually sleep on the plane other than being a little dozy, being so tired made the four hour flight fly by (no pun intended).

Made a lovely new friend, Nicole, who was going from Tennessee to see family in Long Beach. Always a crap-shoot who you wind up sitting next to, but this was a definite win. We watched a lot of TV with no sound and laughed at things that probably weren’t funny, but looked that way.

The Marina is really beautiful. Went up on the roof and out to the pool with the little Holden man this morning, but the weather got blustery and chill. They’re leaving tomorrow, and I’ve got a feeling I’ll be spending quite a bit of time next few days up on the roof at night with a bottle of wine, staring out at the glittering lights of this sprawling city of angels and devils.