Monday, April 23, 2007

Tiiiime is on my side...yes it is.

One of the really nice things about having the amount of time I’ve got out here is that you can just take time to feel what mundane things are like. Going to the grocery store, washing clothes, listening to the radio (Indy 103.1 and KCRW are my faves). The things that make up so much of life. Also you can do some serious sleeping in...

Just went by the Marina post office and encountered some of the rudest USPS workers that I’ve ever dealt with. They had that “I’ll treat you as a human being, but only just barely” attitudinal deviation down pat. I was being my best please-and-thank-you person, and still they were awful. Maybe they’re in some kind of a**hole competition. I’d vote for them.

Finished William Gibson’s All Tomorrow’s Parties yesterday. Typically fine. Nobody does that sort of future-world thing better. Went through a tremendous jag of reading his books a few years ago. Read Neuromancer, Burning Chrome, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Virtual Light and Idoru, almost without a pause.