Monday, April 30, 2007

Open the pod bay door Hal’s...

Had lunch today at Hal’s, a place Beth had recommended in Venice. I guess you would call it “upscale casual”—they have live jazz on Sundays and Mondays. It’s in that Abbott Kinney area of Venice with lots of nice strolling and shopping to be had.

One of the finest sandwiches I’ve ever eaten, a tuna melt, but with really fine tuna and cheese. Lexie had a nice salad with duck.

Looked at the website and they had a funny description (copious air parentheses intact and original, not sure why):
The bartenders are some of the nicest ever, so “people of all ages” “gather like flies” in this “upscale” “hangout” “on the hippest street” in Venice; “local artists”, “young professionals” and “divorcées” “meet” here at “martini time” and, hopefully “get the digits” from each other.

I just went in with my own “fine lady” to get a “sandwich,” so I didn’t leave with any “digits.”

Also stopped at a little jewelry/beadery called The Goddess to feed my bead habit. Like the idea of jewelry components being souvenirs from all over and having some kind of special-ness.